Thread: Flexi Leads
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baily341o View Post
We had a mini pink one when we first got Bailey... To small for my hands, only 2 fingers as well! Then we got a bigger flexi leash with the black park and then cord and that is MUCH better. Then we went to TjMaxx and found a "doggy couture" leash, same type as flexi and it was so cute with purple flowers and paisly on it! SOOO CUTE! and it had a light<3. I was in love. So now we use that one. On Animal Planet, Victoria Stillwell says that you should only use a flexi type lead if your in open spaces like a field so they can have that sense of freedom, and you should use a regular old leash out for walks because flexi's can snap; and the dog can run away. Ah, who cares... Flexis work for ME!
That is true, however I think the chances of it happening are slim. They just put the warning on there to cover their own butts. That said, I wouldn't trust another brand, like the couture ones you mentioned. I've seen those at Ross and they are all made in China. Unless Flexi is now making color themed one's I don't know about.

I also thought it was funny (well not funny, but you know what I mean) on the Flexi packaging, it shows how it can amputate fingers, and if the cord were to snap, not only does your dog run away, but you get smacking in the face with the retracting cord.

However an actual funny side effect to Flexi's are how Uni tends to tetherball herself around trees all the time. She's so happy that she runs and turns at a tree, then keeps running, but keeps wrapping herself around the trunk until there's no more cord. Then I have to go and save her.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!