View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbran View Post
I have a male who is just shy of 5 months. He stills poops in his crate at night, ( he sleeps in my room right next to my bed) even though he will whine to go out in the middle of the night to pee. During the day he goes on a pee pad or outside, but if he gets in a room with carpeting he will pee there instead of his pad. Am I confusing him by trying to let him do pee pad and outside? Will they get confused about a pee pad and think its the same as carpeting? This is the first time I am using pee pads, as I have 2 other Yorkies 4yr old females who where never trained on pee pads, just going outside and they learned pretty quick. Is it a male thing or am I not giving him enough time. Please if anyone can give me any suggestions I would so appreciate it....thanks Kathleen
If you already have two other yorkies that are outside trained, why are you even trying to train the 5 month old to pads? It seems like it would confuse the issue. I would just crate him and take him outside at frequent intervals and praise like crazy and give him a treat when he does anything outside. Between the positive reinforcement and seeing the other two go out to potty, he should pick up on it fairly quickly.

I agree with the other poster that questioned feeding. My pup has always been a predictable pooper based on when she's fed. Make sure you are sticking to a feeding schedule and give him plenty of time after his last feeding to go potty outside before bedtime.

Good luck

Last edited by KazzyK810; 11-18-2011 at 06:38 PM.
KazzyK810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!