Thread: Coyote alert!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #14
manina
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Dog Do Not Take Your Eye's Off Them Outside !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnybun128 View Post
I received the following e-mail from my local dog trainer today:

COYOTE ALERT!!!
Please watch your pets constantly while outside. A yorkie was taken last week from Khater Court. Owners could not catch the coyote.
Last night a small poodle, was believed to be taken from Dupont. Owner did not see the coyote, so if anyone sees a little light brown poodle, her name is Peanut. Both of these dogs live near the White Oak School.
I would advise that you do not allow your dogs or cats outside without a leash and carry some kind of protection while walking at night or in the morning. (pepper spray, baseball bat, etc.)
Please tell all of your friends and neighbors and stay alert.
I've heard that a single coyote may try to lure a larger animal and then the pack can take them down, so no matter what size pet you have, please be careful.

This scares me to death because this is all about 2 miles from my house. We have a fenced in yard- should I be keeping the dogs on a leash at all times? Or just at night? This really disturbs me, as does the thought of them living their lives stuck on a leash at all times. I guess I just wanted to remind everyone to be ever vigilant and to hug their babies close tonight...
OMG !!!
That is my biggest fear when I'm back home in IL. We have a 6 ft fence, but I also go out with them at night, We also have a bunch of Owl's you can hear them thru the fireplace. I do carry a broom ( no not to fly with it LOL !!! ) and a flashlight. I also check my whole yard I'm talking about 11,250 sq ft of land . All around the fence every few days , you will be surprise how many time I will find a hole under the fence that Miley and Max will fit under it. I have so many rabbits running around , I move there in 2000 and I have at least 5-8 generation of these rabbit they came with their baby and the baby come with their baby , You have to see it to believed it.
They will sit right outside on my deck and make noise , so Miley and Max will chase them all around the yard and I go nuts making sure they don't caught them. I will bring Miley and Max in the house and I have to close the blinds and keep them busy so they forget about the darn rabbit out
side. Yes by me a few puppy or small dog have gone missing, If you dont have a high fence you just can't leave your furkids out there alone no way. Here in Florida it's all these big birds, like eagle's.
Do not take your eye's off them when you go outside.
be safe !!!
Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!!
bark@ulater!!!!
manina,mileyandmax
manina is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!