View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #15
yorkiemom1970
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissie
I hope someone can ease my mind. I'm not a breeder, but a Yorkie Lover. My Yorkie is very pregnant. She's petit & weighs 6 lbs when not preg. She's had two litters in the past (4 pups each) with no problem. My concern is....she is Much larger this pregnancy, Huge! She couldn't get herself back up the stairs this evening. When she rolled onto her back, she couldn't turn herself back over. I don't know if this means she's having a big litter, big puppies or what. I plan to take her to the vet tomorrow, but now I'm worried that she'll go in labor tonight and that something will go wrong. I'm not sure what to look for if she starts having problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should watch out for????
It does sound like you have a "little" experience with this girl. I'm not going to go down that road about if you should or should not have bred her, it seems whats done is done here...so- if she is bigger this time than in the past, it could be that she has more puppies than she's had before, or that she has some super big puppies. my advice would be to have her x-rayed and discuss with your vet, then go from there. just because she's alot bigger than in the past doesnt mean she for sure in any danger. if you are having concerns which it sounds like you are, make a trip to the vet and see what is going on in there. best wishes to you and her and the pups.
yorkiemom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!