View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
BustersMom13
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Ticked (no pun intended) off...Venting...

So yesterday after work, my 'friend' comes up to me and tells me that her 1 year old Beagle is "howling in pain" and is having some sort of allergic reaction (itching like crazy) to the flea and tick medication they put on her. Earlier in the day she had told me that it was Sergeant's that they used because it was one of the cheaper brands. Now, when my fiance and I put Buster on a flea and tick preventative I did A LOT of research online before picking one. I eventually picked Advantix II because it had good (if not the best) reviews. The DF wasn't too thrilled with the price but I b*tched until he caved and we charged it to our credit card because I'm NOT taking risks with my baby. While researching for Busters flea and tick stuff I read HORROR stories about Hartz and Sergeant's. Cats and dogs.. having terrible reactions, chemical burns, getting sick and some even DYING. I'm sure it doesn't affect all dogs/cats but its still scary .. So needless to say when my friend told me how her dog was acting after telling me they used Sergeant's my first reaction was "She could die!" I told her that I read a lot of stories online about dogs getting pretty sick and/or dying from some flea and tick meds and it might be best to get her to a vet if she is acting like that. Well, I could tell I upset her and she left... so I send her a text saying that i was sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean or scare her it's just that reaction doesn't sound "normal" and that stuff can seriosly harm animals. I also said that one option is to bath her with Dawn dish soap.

Well she comes back at me attacking me saying I said the wrong thing and she doesn't need to hear that and she doesn't have money like I do to run to the vet like I would, saying that sometimes I sound stuck up and I have an answer for everything... She then proceeds to tell me that her dog has reacted this way before...

WELL EXCUSE ME... sorry I didn't know your dog has had that kind of reaction before and sorry I was more concerned about your dogs life than I was about your feelings... I was just trying to be honest with her and sometimes being honest means telling someone something they don't wanna hear... And how dare she take a dig at me financially like that... my DF and I both work full-time AND go to school... times are tough and like a lot of other people we are barely making it.. hence why we put Buster's Advantix II on a credit card... I KNOW this girl has a credit card she could have done the same thing we did.... I don't care how much money I have if something is wrong with my dog he's going to the vet.. idc if i have to open up a credit card just for him or beg family or sell things.. he's being taken care of! He's my baby and he depends on me and I'm not going to let him down because of my financial situation.. i mean geez I'll buy food for him before I buy food for myself!

I dunno I am just really upset by the whole thing.. I ended up ending the fight and simply saying "Sometimes I think the worst of a situation, I didn't know she acted like that before and thats why I tried to apologize" Which she then replied "I understand." and we havent said more that 2 words to eachother since...

If someone actually reads all of this then God bless you! lol ... like I said this upset me and i really needed to vent and wasn't she where else to go... I mean was I wrong??? Was her response right?? I just don't know...

Thanks again for lisrening everyone...

Last edited by BustersMom13; 11-17-2011 at 10:23 AM.
BustersMom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!