View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #96
My lil friend
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdll View Post
Well done! Some of you may have managed to drive off yet another potential member of YT. Bravo, you should all be so very pleased with yourselves!

You claim to be concerned about dogs but your actions would seem to indicate that all you want is to spout off like a bunch of school children with little regard for any consequences. If you were truly concerned about dogs then I would think you would want to create a place where new members can learn from those here willing to help. Instead you figure the best move is to drive people away, because that’s how “big girls” handle things right? Wow, that’s an amazing way to help dogs and show your concern. I know I’m certainly impressed and I’m sure the dogs belonging to all the owners that have been driven off in the past have greatly benefited from your actions and feel of your passion and concern for them.

There were comments on this thread about how there should be stricter animal welfare laws and that some people shouldn’t be allowed to have dogs. . . Being naive is not a crime and the OP spoke with a Vet. You can hardly fault her for misplacing her trust in her Vet’s advice since she apparently misplaced her trust in how she would be treated here too. You judge her because she didn’t take the advice of some of those who posted here? Why should she trust you over her Vet? What have you done to show that you are worthy of her trust and that your judgement is sound? Who are you to her other than a bunch of loud mouths who jumped all over her?

The OP opened the door for a relationship to be forged with members of YT, but because she did not handle things the way some figured she should they jumped all over her. The OP opened the door and some of you slammed it in her face and now you want to justify it? Give your heads a shake!

You cannot reasonably expect everyone to take your advice and you don't need to jump up and down and throw a temper tantrum and get ugly everytime someone doesn't take your advice and chooses another direction. The OP still has the right to make their own decision.

Yes this is a public board and as a member of the public I and others are telling you that you don’t speak for the rest of us and we don’t appreciate this school yard behaviour
Amen! A teachable moment should be met with civility,common politeness. Although this is a place for public comment,this does not mean it is a place to choose your word in a careless way and yes there are those of us that have gotten tired of it. This does not mean that I or anyone else should go away. It does mean that nomatter what great advice some members may give I find myself just skipping over their comments. It is sad because there could be something valuable to learn,yet they speak in such a harsh manner that I will turn away from it. Kinda sad
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!