View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Talking So Excited That I Just Want To Scream It From The Rooftops!!!

Hey y'all! Happy Wednesday! I am just so giddy today! For the past week, Katie Scarlett has been SOOOO good during our morning grooming/getting ready for the day. We do a brushout, put on a sweater, and do her top knot every day. Well at first she used to wiggle, squrim, do anything she could to get out of it. She has completely turned around! She now sees me get the brush and other supplies in the mornings and she hops right up on the couch where we groom every time. She stands still while I brush her. I don't even have to hold her in place anymore. I do hold her head gently while I do around her face so I am careful around her eyes, but she doesn't fuss with me. Then she lets me put her sweater on, brush a bit more, and sits still while we do her top knot!!! I was so frustrated only a few weeks ago and thought she would NEVER let me brush her and put her topknot in/sweater on and she has surprised me sooo much!!! I am just so happy I feel like running outside and jumping up and down! Tee hee! I just love this pup!

But I thought posting my experience might give newbies hope too that it does get better! Just keep being consistant! Here she is resting after our grooming...
Attached Thumbnails
So Excited That I Just Want To Scream It From The Rooftops!!!-sweet-girl-002.jpg   So Excited That I Just Want To Scream It From The Rooftops!!!-sweet-girl-001.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!