View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
bWY39
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default My Puppy Will Not Be Cuddled

I now have four Yorkie Puppies Two Female Two Male.

One of my puppies (Robby) will not be picked up at all he just refuses to allow anyone to pick him up or cuddle him.

If we try doing so he will wriggle and fight until we put him down.

He will not take a treat from the hand and if we put it in front of him he will push it with his nose, pick it up and throw it in the air a few times, then he will eat it. After doing this he will take another treat from the hand.

We have been so concerned that we brought in a behaviourist (expensive) who spent two hours sitting observing Robby.

She eventually declared that we had an extremely happy and active little man who loves playing with the other three. (geezzz didn't know that).
She went on to say he is extremely timid (didn't know that either, do I sound sarcastic here) and we may never ever get him to come and enjoy a cuddle but should try doing it slowly over many months.

This little boy will come and put his legs up on mine as if to be picked up but as soon as I put my hand down he is away.

He is a joy to watch at play and he can eat like there is no tomorrow but ONLY if we lock him in his cage with his food with the other three left outside. He will clear his bowl every time but if given food outside he picks at it then leaves it.

We feel so bad that he is missing out on sharing love but we are told by the behaviourist that dogs are not meant to be picked up so we shouldn't worry too much.

I post this thread to ask if there is anyone out there who have a similar situation and if so how do they handle it.

bWY39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!