View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I have OraVet for Taycie, although, I will admit I am not super religious about it. I am not crazy about the application process.. I just never feel like I am getting it on her teeth very well...
I was using the Petzlife but when Taycie's liver enzymes came back elevated a few months ago, I threw it out. Not sure if that is really what caused them to go up, or if it was just GI distress, but after speaking with my vet about it, she told me although she was not familiar with the product that it very well could have been because of the alcohol in it. At this point, I am running every little thing by her first... Taycie's GI system will let me know if I don't!

For, dental care I love C.E.T toothpaste. I buy the Vanilla Mint. Brushing is what I am super crazy about. And, I mean CRAZY about it! I brush her teeth in the A.M. and P.M. And... I RARELY miss... I keep track of it by a calendar on my fridge that way I KNOW it gets done both times. So far, her teeth look fantastic, her vet comments on them every time we see her. But really all I do is brush!
I am however interested in using HealthyMouth. I know my vet doesn't carry it but I am going to ask her about it. They have a water additive which, I am not a big believer in those.. just my preference really, but I am mostly interested in the gel...

dog::essential | Healthy Mouth LLC | the healthy choice for your dog, cat, horse

Looks rather good and it is recommended by Veterinary Oral Health Council. Only downside to me is the price... it's pricey..but, hey I am sure I have dropped a few grand this year so whats another 50???? LOL!
I know someone on here uses it and loves it and it was recommended to her by her vet.. but my brain is lagging remembering who it was....
Might be something to check out. I think if my vet ok's it.. I am going to be trying it.

I am glad Jackson is doing well and you were able to figure every thing out. Hugs and Kisses for him

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 11-15-2011 at 07:42 PM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!