View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
yea it's demodectic mange. skin mites. but not the contagious to others type like sarcoptic mange (scabies). it can infect them over and over and is VERY hard to treat/kill. her thoughts are that it's possible since we stopped meds after one negative skin scrape that we were fooled and they just went slightly dormant but were still present on his body so this time we're attacking past a few negative scrapes to make sure it's really really dead. i'm kinda with you though, i'm honestly considering just doing bloodwork now. i may ask for an estimate and see if i can payment plan it since it'll be a pretty penny. but since i've never had a blood panel done who knows what lurks behind his history and i'm like 90 percent sure he came from a puppy mill before his previous owners.
I'm sorry, that really stinks

Jackson got a CBC (Complete Blood Cell Count) for $60 at our vet. His cPL (canine pancreatitis) was $139 test. Just to give you an idea...

I really wish I had started on yearly bloodwork with Jackson. He didn't get any until this year. When he got sick, I didn't have anything to compare it to, you know? So yeah, in the future, I'll want bloodwork from the moment I get the pup.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!