View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Cry DEMODEX IS BACK~Bentley

We got the bad news today. It is in fact back, Bentley has demodex infections for the third time since we have had him.

We are going to try another round of internal ivermectin and increase the dosage every week and then once on a high dose go for a month, scrape, and even after two negative scrapes in two months probably still do another month just to be sure.

The vet worries that it's possible that Bentley has an immunodeficiency since he keeps reinfecting. She wants to try the extensive meds first and if this doesn't get rid of it for good and if it ever comes back we are doing blood work to find out if there is another underlying immune system disease.

So for now it's back to daily meds for him. Meanwhile I suggested and the vet agreed that we try immune system boosting vitamins to help keep him up and not get him low enough to get these mites again.

I'm searching for the right vitamin so any research help or suggestions would be great. I did call the local holistic pet food store and they have a couple options and i'm looking into this brand too.
Holistic Pet Info: Immugen by Thorne, immune support for dogs and cats, Antioxidants and Immune Support for Dogs and Cats

Prayers that we beat this once and for all and that it never comes back. Prayers that immune boosters work for him. And if all this doesn't work prayers for us as we try to find out what is going on with him through blood work and researching immune diseases.

Poor Bentley, I just feel so bad that this pup should have had a better start in life than he did. It's not my fault, but I just feel responsible and bad for him.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!