View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Nope, you don't have to dry them every time - just for the first app. That's why it's done while they are under. Vet said word on the street is that you do need to do the first app when they are under for best results, but it's not going to hurt him to try it without doing that. Yes, that is why they were trying to get you to buy it then.

Fifteen minutes after Jackson woke up from his dental, he had plaque on his teeth. A few hours after that it started to turn into tartar. So yes, brush everyday to try and stay ahead of the game. CET toothpaste. I haven't heard any veterinary reports about Proden - good or bad. I've read reports online about it working, but that really doesn't mean too much to me. My vet was just telling a client that was asking about dental gels and sprays that she has not seen anything come up in her magazines about any of it (I assume some are dental specific bc that's her special interest) which means they probably aren't all the companies (or owners) believe them to be... That's not to say that none of them work, but if they worked by themselves and consistently and were safe, more vets would be selling them. Maybe look at the Veterinary Oral Health Council website. They have a list of certified products that have been tested and do work. Above all though, you went to the best, take their advice. Jackson was lucky to get to go there. I'd be doing what they think is best.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!