Thread: Grooming table
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #6
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandysbabies View Post
I guess I don't understand why you would want to cover it. Mine has grooves (is the only way I know to describe it) to keep them from slipping. I actually use another table that has 2 electrical outlets that makes it easier to hook up my dryer and clippers etc. and I put my grooming table over next to their bath tub and I keep shampoos, conditioners and whatever on it. I think you will love having one. They really come in handy, even if you don't groom and just use them to blow dry when they take bathes.
Same here, I don't understand why the need to cover a home grooming table? It would just be something that needed to be removed and cleaned after grooming, whereas w/o the cover you can just sweep off any hairs, etc.

Now, many exhibitors do have table covers, most with their kennel name embroidered on the cloth. It makes your grooming area at a show a little more professional looking and advertises your kennel.

If you still want a cover, the ones you linked to do look very nice. Their durability would depend upon what type of fabric is used. Probably the most durable fabric would be a canvas type, fabrics that would show wear and tear more easily would be - satins, silks, felts, fleeces, knits etc.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!