Thread: Mourning?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:08 AM   #4
zowiandnikasmom
YT 500 Club Member

i am very sorry for your loss of jrt. my heart goes out to you and i know how painful it is to lose a beloved little one. a year ago august, my baby girl nika passed away. i also have her mother zowi. they were a very bonded pair, totally inseperable. zowi always mothered her and cleaned her face, etc. even when she was all grown up. it was obvious that zowi was depressed after nika's passing and she didn't eat very much for a week or so. i didn't leave zowi home alone for a couple months unless i absolutely had to, she went everywhere with me. going for rides in the car seemed to take her mind off it for a while. we gave her lots and lots of extra attention and love and she was eventually back to herself. i really do believe that they do mourn the loss as well, and yorkies are so sensitive to our feelings i am sure that she picked up on how devastated we were so i tried my best to be strong for her and held her a lot. when i cried for nika, zowi would look at me like she knew exactly why i was so upset. after a couple months had passed, we did adopt a 5 month old puppy that was rescued from a puppy mill. the new pup pixie loved zowi at first sight. the first day was iffy for zowi but after that, zowi started to mother her and seemed very happy to have a new friend in the house.
sending positive thoughts and hugs to you and cooper at this difficult time. i'm sure jrt wouldn't want either of you to be sad and i'm sure jrt will be watching over you and is now your angel above. remember love never dies and jrt will always has a very special place in your hearts.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!