View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Gracie got out 3 times before she turned a year old. One time she sneaked out when we were going out the door. It was a planned event by her. She rushed the door from the other side of the room and escaped. She went running as fast as she could. We live some distance from the road. She had to go up an incline of about 10 yards and then she started running for the road about another 20 yards away. We all went running after her and yelling her name but she was intent on getting to the road. Thank God we got her in time. Once she got out when the cable guy was going in and out fixing a problem with the internet connection. He found her up by the road when he was leaving. Of course she went right to him and he brought her back. I thought she was locked in my daughter's room with her. She got out another time when repair people were here. I don't know what she thinks is so interesting out there but we also have coyotes and hawks and owls around. It is such a sense of panic that I have felt when she does this. I have a degenerative spine and cannot run so thankfully there have been others around to help get her. She has not done it in quite a while now. I hope she realizes how she caused her mom such panic attacks with her adventures. She has tags and is chipped but that is little comfort when the little girl is dashing toward the road.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!