View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #12
myteddybear
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I like raw and so does Rosie! I would though not go into raw without serious research and a good knowledge of what you are doing. I don't take what an average vet has to say about nutrition too seriously as they do not get a lot of training on it and would rather sell you on what they get kick backs on from Science diet and the like. I would also question a vet that would suggest you cook a raw diet as they contain bone (if premade most have bone ground right in) You should NEVER ever feed cooked bone, it is dangerous.

There is great debate on raw vs kibble so don't want to get in to all that, I just like that with it I know exactly what is going into her and with kibble who knows what's in there. I use human grade premade and human grade meat I buy for myself and have never had any problems. Rosie loves her meal times and the once full bowl of kibble that used to get picked at all through the day and left all over the house is no more. She stands and waits now and once it hits the floor it is gone every time.

My suggestion is to keep at what you are doing, possibly seek a vet nutritionist with experience in all types of diets and do lots and lots of research and then if you think it's for you and you have a plan go ahead.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!