View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

There are a lot of people in both the kibble camp and raw food camp. I don't have any experience with feeding raw If we lived the lifestyle that allowed my kids to hunt, kill their prey and eat it whole I'd consider raw, but only if I could somehow control the quality of the live prey. The only thing I can add about raw diets is that my vet(s) do not recommend it. On the other hand I know that many of our members feed raw with great success.

For the past few years I have fed Taste of the Wild, with great success. I top dress with a product from Mainly Dogs called Synergy ( Mainly Dogs - Products for dogs and un-dogs, but Mainly Dogs. ) which is for general digestive health as well as coat growth. I also give my dogs "human food" treats including meats - mostly chicken and beef, vegetables - generally green or yellow vegies that I have on hand, fruits - apples, bananas, strawberries.

When it's all said and done, we all go through trial and error, find what works for our paticular dogs and then SWEAR by it. You will get a lot of terrific advice from our membership.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!