View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

No, you can't just cook raw food and give it to them. There is an option of homecooking, but it entails a lot of work and balancing and supplements, etc. A nutritionist would have to be involved, IMO. Homecoming does not = raw, because, well you're cooking it. So it would no longer be raw. lol.

Some are not comfortable with raw, some have great results.

There is PMR, BARF and pre-made when it comes to raw. PMR is prey model raw, BARF is Bones and Raw Food Diet, and you can purchase pre-made brands like Bravo!, Primal, Stella & Chewy's, etc, at your local pet store/boutique.

I personally don't really worry about salmonella too much. Dogs stomachs are different than ours and while they certainly can be affected, it's very rare. Kibble can also contain salmonella.

You can look up the benefits and cons to each type of diet available to a canine.

I feed kibble and wet mixed. I tried pre-made raw at one point but my dog was picky with it and sometimes it would go to waste - it ended up just not being worth it. I've had just as good results on high quality kibble and canned food.

A dog won't starve themselves- if he won't eat, pick up the food. Try again later. They will hold out for something better if you keep giving in and the same thing could happen with raw.

Last edited by Britster; 11-14-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!