View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieLove77 View Post
I have learned my lesson, and I wanted to put this on here for others who may make the same mistake thinking what I thought: that we feel guilty for eating "yummy" food in front of them and think we can occasionally "spoil" them with it. If you love your dog, please don't give them human food, especially fast food...no matter how "healthy" you think it may be! They are so fragile and any little thing could be harmful to them.
I think most of us have probably done the same thing at some point with some pet. I learned my lesson the hardway too giving my last yorkie, Chelsea, pieces of leftover steak from dinner out at a local steakhouse. She got so sick, I felt horrible. We have no idea the marinades and seasonings that restaurants use, and how they will affect our pups. Now I only give food I've cooked myself, plain chicken or ground sirloin, carrots, peas, greenbeans and raw apple & watermelon and an occasional cheerio. I think that's the entire list of foods other than her kibble that ZoE ever gets.

I hope JoJo is on the mend and feels much better soon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!