View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #26
TxVicki
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsargent View Post
Ok guys you all have been a great help, but here is another one for you I found a breeder in Natchez MS, her name is Cindy Whitehead the website she uses is Honeybeeyorshireterriers.com. She breeds show dogs (yorkies) she has 1 male left due to the fact that the person that was going to buy him wanted to show him but he didnt meet the show standards due to his bite being a little off she says that he has a slight overbite that will usually correct itself I emailed her back telling her I would rather choose from a litter of puppies just because Im leary of him being the only one left when I asked her if she would be having another litter she replied she did just have some just born but they would be sold to poeple for show and what ever is left is what I would have to choose from. to be exact here is what she said in my email " As you can tell from my website, I am a show breeder. AKC has a written standard for each breed. In the Yorkies, coat/color/texture is of prime importance. There are also structure guidelines that we adhere to. There are two boys in that litter and I am keeping the one that I feel will most contribute to my breeding program. The puppy that I have chosen to place doesn't have any health issues but the standard calls for a level or scissor bite. This puppy has an overbite and the bite continues to change until they are several months old. I keep all my puppies for 12-20 weeks of age. This insures the vaccines are all given and they have had plenty of socialization with the mom and littermates. I have another litter that are newborns. There are four in that litter and I will of course keep them the same length of time. The potential show puppies will be chosen first and the others placed as companions just as in this other litter. I hope this helps explain things for you. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!" I need ya'lls adavise on this one too Im gonna see if I can get the picture of the puppy on here that she emailed me.
By reading what she has written, she sounds like a reputable breeder.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!