View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Tongue What are your favorite oils and/or vinegars?

...and what do you use them for?

Oil: I LOVEEEEEEEE sesame oil. Oh it has so much flavor. This is my "finishing" oil. It's perfect for a dumpling dipping sauce. I use soy sauce, mirin, apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar, oyster sauce, some sesame oil, and chopped green onions. Oh so fragrant!

Right now I'm obsesssed (again) with Korean roasted seaweed (laver) with sesame oil or sunflower seed oil. It's a very satisfying snack with low fat and calories, and even though there's oil on it, it's very minimal. In fact I'm having some now. HanAsia brand with (grapes on the package for some reason) is my favorite so far.

Vinegar: I love red wine vinegar for wonton mein. I usually order it and take it out of the broth and douse it with soy sauce and RWV. I've been eating wonton mein like this since I was a kid. My dad showed me how to do it, and I've been eating it like that ever since.

I do appreciate a good balsalmic on a salad. There is a fancy bottle at Ross for $19.99 and it's packaged like a fancy bottle of wine. Should I get it?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!