View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
Teresa Ford
Therapy Yorkies Work
Donating Member

Obsessions ? YES ! I will try to make this story short (not likely is it LOL) Anyway...
As you know Gracie is a rescue and she came with a lot of problems. She had never played with a toy. When the other doggies played, barking and zooming around the house, she cowered behind my legs. I would toss the squeaky Kong balls for them and she never showed the slightest interest.
Gracie and me were in my craft room. (I couldn't leave her in another room because she would panic. She would throw herself against the gate screaming and urinate in terror. Bloody her face trying to chew her way to me.) Back to the story, where was I ? Oh, I was in my craft room sewing a fleece blanket back onto a quilt I made for my Granddaughter. The fleece was bright pink. When I trimmed off the excess fabric, Gracie picked up a strip of the fleece, and pawed at it, chewed it, then tossed it into the air. It was her first toy. I watched her covertly. I took a strip of the fleece and made several candy bar sized little pillows (no stuffing just layers of cloth). I had two squeakers and tucked them inside of two. I casually let them drop to the floor. Gracie sniffed them and choose one. She settled down for a little nap with her chin on her new 'Pink Baby'. I added black thread, eyes, nose and smiley. Gracie now had custom made by Mama, toys of her very own. When we left the craft room she carried her Pink Baby. (I really am trying to get to the end, but you know how I just go on and on and on) At first she would hardly put Pink Baby down to eat. After a few days she began to bury it under her blankie, in her crate. She sleeps with Pink Baby. If she takes a nap or is stressed she brings Pink Baby with her, to my lap. Gracie will not share Pink Baby with the other doggies. I have made this same Pink Baby at least 20 times over the last 2 years LOL. Gracie loves them to pieces. So that is what we call Gracie's Pink Baby obsession.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!