View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
bellemarie
YT 500 Club Member

with kitty and missy it actually got bad enough to push me into moving out of my mums with kitty! they are both very dominant doggyalities (to say personalities imo is an insult on canine-kind!).
so now in my house i have kitty (dominant), toby, kuki, river and poppet... pop is coming up to her 1st heat, and i have been having problems with her and river (river being another minor dominant who was spayed preheat) but when she turns on pop i just lift them by the scruff, pin them side by side and let them sniff each other... its taking a while, but things are settling down with them; a few weeks ago i was in hysterical tears thinking i would have to re-home rivriv, but they are doing Ok now!
i would recommend you using the adaptil (D.A.P) defuser or spray when you introduce them though- i think that is also assisting poppet and rivers progress.
i suppose it just depends on whether you are unlucky enough to end up with two dominants or not- so pick your puppy carefully!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!