View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #13
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
I bought Buster from a Pet Shop ( I know I learned a hard lesson) He came home and the first night I noticed he had a bad cough. He had a very tough case of kennel cough that took over a month to go away and I ended up having to leave him at the hospital for three days as it almost became pneumonia. I know you love Brandy so the best thing is to take her to a vet and while there also have them test for worms and parasites. Buster had Giardia and Coccidia as well which the pet shop also knew and did not warn me about. . It is very important to go to the vet because they are so small and can get really sick if not treated properly. When they on antibiotics it helps to give the probiotics to help restore the good bacteria in their stomachs that the antibiotics kill while the are killing the infection. I used and still use Pet Dophilus . Also make sure not to get any vaccinations until you are sure your puppy is healthy and do not take them into pet stores or around other dogs as kennel cough is contagious. Depending on your state some have lemon laws for puppies and the breeder has to assume the cost for medical bills up to a certain percentage of what you paid for the puppy and you don't have to return the dog but you must have proof from a vet. I would see another vet than one suggested by the pet store because they check the pets and some times say they are healthy when they are not. Buster got better and has been the joy of my life. Good luck and best wishes to you and your baby. By the way Hi and welcome to YT.
Whoops in this case since you got the puppy from a store they pet shop is responsible for the percentage. It took a while but Barworks (Buster's Pet Shop) did pay me back some of the money.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!