View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiverful View Post
Breeding a litter is not cheaper than just buying a puppy. The female must be in top notch health and kept that way...as well as the male. There are vet visits after birth and then tail docking and dewclaws. And, if something goes wrong, the cost rises dramatically. Plus, what about the rest of the litter?

Breeding can change a male's behavior. But, just being in tact will do that. I recommend having him neutered. It will help with any current or future aggression or marking behaviors and eliminate the risk of testicular cancer.

I also agree with the previous poster. There's plenty of dogs that need good homes and plenty of excellent breeders already out there.

Good luck!
I understand that your post is showcasing what is commonly thought out there; how-ever more research is in, and the spay/neuter question is not so black and white. In particular what is coming to the fore is that neutering does not help with aggression in fact the reverse seems to be noticed.
I provide a link to a topic please read up about spay and neuter and go to the articles/website listed.
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...n-if-ever.html
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!