View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

My vote is NOT! Seriously, we have so many unwanted dogs in this country, they only people who should be breeding are those who are persevering the breed, and only the best examples of the breed should be bred. Unfortunately, during hard times, good breeders cut back, but byb's come out of the woodwork to make a little money, and this is very bad for the breed. Good breeders say it takes years to learn how to be a good breeder and investing in the right dogs to breed is not cheap. Also you have to invest in whelping supplies and important testing, to make sure the dogs aren't passing a genetic illness. For females there's always a risk of needing Cesarean as well, which is very costly. My advice is to go to shows, and learn about the breed, before you start to breed, you need to be aware of all the illnesses that are associated with the breed and how to avoid them. By the way, your male will change once you breed him, they’ll be more problems with aggression and marking, he will also be more interested in sex than anything else. You’ll little boy will become a “man”!

There's several threads in YT library about breeding, here' one: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/bre...-answered.html

Also, I'm not being judgemental, I thought about breeding Joey, (he's perfect) but as I researched I learned that this was one of the stupidest thoughts I'd ever had! There are also many dogs in rescue, and we have a rehoming forum. There are so many dogs that need a good home.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 11-10-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!