View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
SWHouston
YT 1000 Club Member

Both of mine have access to outside views from windows on the first and second floors. They Bark frequently, actually I encourage it, and praise them when it's "something" important, like a Cat, our resident Possum, or a REAL biggie like the Postman.

I live in an HOA with relatively restricted access, and know most of my neighbors, and their Animals. There's a chubby Tabby that visits occasionally, a Lab named Booney and a small black/white Fox Terrier (I think) who lives across the street. And yes, we have Leash Laws, but realize that these guys are seasoned Escape Artists, and we don't get too upset when we see them out and about. They always go home after their adventure.

When my guys see the little FTerrier or Lab, they HOWL !
Imagine that, Yorkies howling ! Do yours ?

But beyond that, they Howl in Harmony !
I'm sorta guessing, but I have an ok ear for pitch, and My Male Sneakers howls at about mid "C", and My Female Becca howls at a "G" just above that. That's a first and fifth note of the ""C" scale.

I frequently join them, at either a C or G (lower active of course) and we really can make music together. I've tried doing an "E", but my ear is not that good to do third part harmony.

Last edited by SWHouston; 11-10-2011 at 09:52 AM.
SWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!