View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
citygirl123
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
That sounds just terrifying! I am so glad your Bitsy made it back to the house safely and all is well, though your heart has skipped a few beats. After my Yorkie was attacked by a Dalmation and had to have emergency surgery for her injuries, I began walking with a old, strong black umbrella that I can open up toward an approaching menacing dog and it turns them right away - no hesitations. It has worked now for years and with lots and lots of big dogs and not one has ever tried to keep coming with my umbrella unfurled! They just go the other way or if their owner is with them and makes them keep walking, they shy well to the other side from the brolly.
Great idea!!! After all the stories I have read here lately, I was thinking about walking with one of the many golf clubs we have around here. (Hubby is a golf coach.) However, I like the umbrella idea. It would not cause harm and should be very effective! Copper is not afraid of it because we used one often last winter! Thanks for the idea!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!