View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
Before there is a host of Christmas threads about gifted pups I just wanted to put it out there many rescues allow you to offer to pay the adoption fee and let the recipient go through the adoption process.
On the topic of "gifted pups"...my grown kids who wanted to buy me a yorkie as a gift last Christmas quickly discovered that reputable breeders will not sell their pups as surprise gifts (rightly so, in my opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
If you want to get yourself a gift which is also the gift of life, a furever home in the least remember a rescue dog, even go right down to your local animal control!

You don't have a to get a pure bred Yorkie but you just might find one anyways.
While I don't exactly disagree with this, I don't necessarily agree with it either. I believe people need to put more thought into what kind of dog they want and why.

While seeing a cute face in a cage will pull at the heartstrings of some, I don't think it necessarily makes for the best decisions of pet ownership. At my age I know myself well enough to know, if it's not exactly what I want, I'm not going to be happy with it in the long run. I don't do "settling" for something, well. I believe, settling and hasty decisions lead to many animals ending back up in shelters.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!