View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #14
Pattie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny82
Hi everyone,

I have a 3 year old domestic short haired cat and she is a sweetie. However I have fallen in love with the Yorkie breed and will probably get a puppy in the next few months. In anyone's experience, how have their Yorkie puppies gotten along with cats? Does anyone have any advice for how to introduce them so that they will get along? Thanks so much!

I agree with the yorkie owner who said it would be best if the kitty comes in last as a kitten, then a puppy yorkie coming in to a grown cat BUT... you can't turn back time, nor do I suspect you want to trade in your cat! I just got my yorkie 4 months ago, I traveled home to NY to visit with sister & her fur-group. I have one yorkie pup & 2 birds - she has 14 dogs, 9 cats and who knows how many birds... I was really surprised her cats played with my puppy, and very well too. My puppy was 100% interested in ONLY the cats tails. Chased one then the others... (maybe cause hers is so short ???) Her cats also have no front claws. At any rate, I questioned my sister about this and she said most older cats would "P" on beds or furniture once a new dog or even sometimes a new cat was introduced, she claims very common, however hers did not, she felt because they were so used to all the other animals she owned. I would guess the worse you could expect is that, keep your eyes (or nose) open, how to solve it might lead to another thread....
Pattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!