View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy Jasmine View Post
Thanks for all the advice. Todays tail docking and dewclaws went well, the vet said that I should supplement the 2 smallest puppies, Diana and Peach. When we came home from the vet I decided to lay down. Jazzy and the pups were in my closet and of course, she picked up Diana to move her somewhere. I decided to let her put the puppy wherever she wanted, so she burrowed under the covers and deposited the puppy between my legs. She then went back and got the other 5 and did the same. After that, she went to the foot of the bed and took a nap. Well, she was the most relaxed that she has been, but I can't let the puppies sleep in my bed!! Not quite sure what to do...
Attached are puppy pics, not sure if it worked though...
Cozy did the same thing with her babies. She wanted her babies to be close to her mom (me). I got a basket for her and put the heating pad in it and made fleece slip covers for it. The basket with puppies could safely be placed on the bed at night and then in the family room during the day so I was not out of mom's sight. If I left she started to follow with the puppies. Once the puppies got bigger and could pull themselves up and accidentally toubble out of the basket I got a baby playpen/crib and put it next to the bed at night. Cozy could jump from my bed and back in with them as needed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!