View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
ketters12
YT Addict

Unhappy I feel your pain!!!

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I had Tobey since 7 weeks (too young I know) and now he is almost 5. I did all the training/socializing by the book and overall he is really well behaved, but a few months back I started working 6 days a week- my parents took him for a month but I missed him so much I got him back. I know he is barking more out of boredom so I am doing my best to engage/walk/play etc. At one point I stupidly thought he really understood "no bark" as a command. I have tried spray bottles, shaking coins in cans, etc. it all helps curb it some but lately he has been driving me SOOOOOO CRAZY!!!!! I was so fed up today I actually went and looked at bark collars even though I don't want to resort to that. Plus they are so expensive. So I am going to work on the training she suggested, he was taught "Quiet" at one point but I think he might need a refresher course

I think the most annoying part is that I work 1-9 so he usually wakes me up too early barking at something out the window. if I close the blinds, he figures out how to stick his nose and still see out, and if I blocked all windows, he would still bark just from hearing noises in the building or outside. the reason the collar idea entered my head is because the most bothersome barking is in the morning when I need to still be sleeping. I have a pretty small apartment so I end up screaming "NO BARK" from my bed which does no good. I usually have to just get up, grab him, take him back to bed with me, but after all that, I can't usually fall back to sleep. I love him to death but I am so thin on my patience with him right now regarding the barking.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!