View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
jakeepaper
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissie
I hope someone can ease my mind. I'm not a breeder, but a Yorkie Lover. My Yorkie is very pregnant. She's petit & weighs 6 lbs when not preg. She's had two litters in the past (4 pups each) with no problem. My concern is....she is Much larger this pregnancy, Huge! She couldn't get herself back up the stairs this evening. When she rolled onto her back, she couldn't turn herself back over. I don't know if this means she's having a big litter, big puppies or what. I plan to take her to the vet tomorrow, but now I'm worried that she'll go in labor tonight and that something will go wrong. I'm not sure what to look for if she starts having problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should watch out for????
Hi,
When was she bred and when is she due? I usually go to my vet for an x-ray 1 week before her 1st expected date of whelping. If she is in active labor for more than 45 minutes, I would at least put a call into the vet. If you see a black or green discharge, this means at least one of the placentas has separted from the wall of the womb...in this case RUN to the vet. Tell them you want a c/section and don't take NO for an answer.
I am sure she is just having more puppies or bigger ones. Good Luck and Let us know how you make out at the vet tomorrow.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!