View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Lucyana1129
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Barking! HELP!!!

Lately Bentley has gotten much worse about barking at everything. When someone comes to our door he goes off. He just loses it. He would never attack anyone or anything but he barks non stop and rushes the door. To talk to anyone I have to coax him out in the backyard or I have to squeeze through the front door and not invite them in. I'm not sure what's going on. He has also gotten worse about other dogs. We can no longer go to the dog park bc he will run at them and bark and not stop. Just stands there and barks about 2 ft in front of the dog. Walks are even hard bc if he sees a dog he barks and barks. Even when they are no longer visable. I have tried walking the other way, distracting him, watch me...and one trainer suggested the water bottle method. Which only seemed to make him wet and made me feel terrible. Nothing seems to work. I'm at my wits end. It drives me crazy. I want him to enjoy his walks and time outside but he just seems on alert the whole time. The slightest noise at night and he starts barking. Any suggestions? We need help! Should we just go ahead and accept that he will always do this and may just never be very people friendly. Don't get me wrong...he loves us dearly and cuddles and everything. But new people stress him out. Since he was 12 weeks he was introduced to new people and dogs all the time. This is a recent thing as he has gotten a bit older.
Lucyana1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!