View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I'm assuming you have him vet-checked out already and know that he is fully healthy and that is not what is causing his nonplay.

Some older dogs don't play a lot and many dogs never learned now to play. Once he's settled in and very comfortable, bounce a ball away from him and say "Get it, Boy!" or get a toy and kind of shake it toward him and quickly put it behind your back. Keep doing that if he doesn't withdraw and seems interested. Walk your fingers toward him on the floor saying "I'm gonna get you!" and then gently grab him playfully. Repeat if he seems to enjoy. Usually a happy and healthy dog will react to those type of activities whether they know play or not. It is just a dog being a dog and they usually can't help but react positively to things like that. Tossing kibble for them to fetch is an easy way to teach them to run and pounce on things and get them up and moving. Good luck with your baby.

Last edited by yorkietalkjilly; 11-08-2011 at 08:47 AM.
yorkietalkjilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!