View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
Evenflo09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default New member & Yorkie mom, I think??? HI!

I recently adopted a yorkie ( at least I think it is,lol ) from a friend of a friend of a friend. Mojo is around 1 year old and was living in terrible conditions. He was crated day and night, living in his own feces which were even covering his food dishes! I brought him home, bathed him and settled him in to our home. It has taken me about a week or so to potty train him, but he is doing very good! He only puddles the floor when I leave the house. I think he is having seperation anxiety. I just crate him when I leave and it doesn't happen. He is starting to get a little weight on him already as he was stick thin when I got him. He is smart, funny, and quite a character. I also have an older female doxie Penny who is taking her time getting used to him, but she is not too dominate with him,lol. She just backs him off if he gets in her space,haha. We just took him to be neutered, shots, etc last week, and he seems to be coming along great with that. I do have to scold him when he tries to eh hum, clean the area in his own way! I don't buy pets ever, only adopt as I feel there are so many wonderful furry friends out there waiting for someone to love. Mojo is a rather large yorkie at 8 1/2 lbs and 12 inches tall, if indeed that's what he is. He is starting to get the silver on his head. One thing, his head seems to be silky, but body seems wooly or cotton, don't know the diff between them???? I will be putting a pic up and if anyone can tell me if they think he is yorkie, it would be great! I'm in Alabama, so the weather here is mild most of the time. I'm having trouble with Mojo having a smell to his coat. Everything checked out with him at the vets, so am thinking it was the conditions in the crate and the food being fed him. He smells like wet dog all of the time. Anyone with any cures? I don't have the money to buy him frilly fru-fru things and the best of everything, but he will have love, caring & understanding along with shots, heartworm prevent, etc. I won't see a friend suffer and do nothing! If anyone has some home remedies or knows of simple things for me to do to upkeep his health, coat, skin, etc, please feel free to clue me in! I can't afford a groomer so am thinking of clipping myself but can't find a video that shows how without wanting money from ya! Anybody know of a free video with more than 1 minute of nothing in them? Hope to meet some nice folks and get to know u all!
Attached Thumbnails
New member & Yorkie mom, I think??? HI!-mojo.jpg  
Evenflo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!