View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
MilliesMum
Senior Yorkie Talker

my yorkie Millie is very good off lead but i usually use her extendable lead when out walking. When she is off the lead, she usually comes back and allows me to clip her lead on but can occassionally be a little monkey and do exactly what your pup does. My older dog Willow (springer spaniel, border collie cross, shes nearly 8 years old now) when off the lead will come back to me but will wait about 2 meters away from me and when i go to clip her lead back on, she runs away. What ive learnt to do now is NEVER chase after them as they believe its a game. All i do is call her to come over once and if she dosent, i simply turn around and walk away from her. She hates this and almost always runs up beside me and allows me to clip her lead on.

i wish you luck with your pup! also extendable leads are excellent for teaching pups recall, unfortunately Willow was a rescue so it was too late to give her the proper training but as when we got her she had never been off leash, we are more than happy about how far shes come!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!