View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Congrats on the new pups !

It may just be the location of the closet where you have them. I think by taking them and carrying them around she is trying to tell you she isn't comfortable where they are. Try putting them in an area of the house that is not in the general population of the family. A laundry room or different closet away from the every day foot traffic might work best.

This is just my guess but she may be trying to rid the runt from the litter because she doesn't feel it will survive. Mothers will reject the runt. I have heard of this happening, but never experienced it. Be prepared to do bottle feeding if necessary. Keep a close eye on the runt and be sure it gets fed. Maybe in a one on one with mom.

As for the bedding I find that using rugs or heavy quilt like materials works best. That way that are harder for mamma to move around and to bury the pups. She does this because she is hiding them. It's good to keep an eye on them but until they are a bit older try to keep any young ones out of the area.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!