Thread: Pixie is home!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #13
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

Default The Vet says "WOW!"

Pixie went to the vet and my goodness, she is small! She has only gained 2 ounces since she was last weighed! She is 2lbs 6ozs! Very "well Built" and healthy as can be!

The vet looked over her med records and was VERY IMPRESSED! he had expected to see substandard meds used for worming and vac's, but what he found was a breeder who really invested in her pups! I had thought I was going to have to dod her Kennel Cough vac... nope, it had been done! She was 100% up to date! Her fecal was clean, and he commented that he could not wait to see her pedigree! He was sure that she came from good stock, he loved her bone structure and inquired if she would ever breed. I told him that I was not sure that she would grow to be the quality that I would want for breeding and he disagreed... He quoted many of the breed standard qualities to me and voiced only one concern; her lower teeth are slightly malaligned, something that could correct itsself when her adult teeth come in... He said that most people would not even notice the teeth as it was "slight" at best... and that she was a very nice representation of the breed. I also said that I was concerned about her not reaching 5 pounds... He agreed that she is on the small side but very nicely put together. We agreed to re-evaluate this at 8 months. I don't own a male, so spaying her right away is not a pressing issue.

My vet asked me to compliment the breeder on such an outstanding file and pre purchace medical care! He was amazed to see the list of vet visits and the documents detailing her last 4 months. It was very helpfull for him to have such insite into her upbringing. He could only run a few basic tests and perscribe a heartworm preventitive and Advantage flea control. He said that the breeder had invested alot into this dog (time and money) and that almost all of the work to be done, was done by her and her vet. Again, very impressed!

He also loved her personality and her sweet disposition. She is very well socialized he said. She got to meet his Hound dog! What a big girl she was! And pixie greeted her with a happy face and played with that hound as if she had known her all her life! It was sooooo cute!

I will get on the pictures and get them posted ASAP! She goes to the groomer tomorrow! A tidy on her butt feet and ears is in order. I hope she does well! I asked them not to give her a bath as I already have. I don't want her drying out... lol

Thank you all for being such a big part of my bringing her home and helping me learn about so many topics and awesome products!

Pixies home and I could not be happier!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!