View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
erika1948
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Off topic - new dog - poodle

Hi, I am adopting a female poodle who is about 8 years old. I am hoping that she and my yorkie, Rocky, who is almost 15, will be a good match as he grew up with a female poodle. Her name is Gigi and she is about the same weight as Rocky. Two questions: My first question is suggestions regarding her tail. She has a long tail that curls around. Either her tail was never docked or perhaps she is a mix - I've seen a s**tzu with a tail like hers. When I met her for the first time her hair had grown and it looked more like a puppy cut. Right now she has been groomed to look like a poodle with a long tail. I think I want to let that grow out - any suggestions for how to groom the tail in the future? Second question: any suggestions for introducing her to Rocky? He did meet her once and they seemed to do ok but once she is ready to bring home, I will be bringing her into the house for the first time. He is a little old man who can hardly see or hear. She will be joining us in about 10 days. He did not do well with a very small puppy around 3 years ago. Thanks!
erika1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!