View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 04:51 AM   #15
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topknot View Post
This is what I recommend, since I do not know the dogs and what I tell anyone that ask:
Breeders are in fact playing God in a sense that they have the choice of what kind of pups they are bringing into this world. A breeder needs to ask themself before making a match is: Would this match improve or benefit the breed and its standard. There is a lot involved in breeding. Since your pups may end up being breed too - what mark will your judgment make on the breed. With each decision it can change the breed. We have to ask ourself why we love the breed so much. What about it makes a yorkie a yorkie.

With that being said and as other mentioned, you have to first know the yorkshire terrier standard. Do you know your girl's pedigree? What tests has she passed, since health issues can be passed on? How does she compare to the standrad. Then if she passes, you have to make a decision on which stud, bassed on the same satandards. How does he match the standard? Is he of good quality compared to the standard. What tests has he passed? What improvements will he make? What is his pedigree? When making a match you want to make sure he compliments your girl. There is so much involved in the decision. I personally would want to make sure both are AKC or Canadian KC.

GREAT ADVICE
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!