View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
ChippersMom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused Puppy fell from my arms about 6 ft on to wood floor!

My 14 week old puppy Chipper, who is just over 3 pounds, jumped/fell from my arms about 2 hours ago. As I was fumbling to get ahold of him, he was jumping and I think he fell from about 6 feet in the air on to wood floors! He cried for a minute and lay paralyzed and crooked, and I put my hands on him to calm him. I prayed to God to please let my baby be alright. I gently felt his back and legs for anything obviously broken and he began to relax and straighten his body. Then his front legs were moving and I stood him up but his back legs could not stand. I continued to pray please let him be able to walk. After about 30 seconds he could stand on all fours but wouldn't take steps. I got some treats and he took a few steps for the treat. He appeared to walk normally! I offered more treats and he took a few more steps, then a few more, and I knew he was not broken. I rinsed his bottom off in the sink because he peed when he fell (which made me think he was paralyzed!), then we laid down on the bed. His eyes looked normal. At first he was still shivering and couldn't seem to get comfortable on the bed. I gave him a bit of NurtriCal just to be safe. Finally he seemed to sleep normally and has been asleep for over an hour.

Is there anything I should look out for tonight or tomorrow? He hit his little head pretty hard so I want to be sure he doesn't have a headache. Is there anything you can do for a puppy headache?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!