View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by normarae63 View Post
Try places like Victorias Secret, most dept stores (Sears) and gas credit cards (like Chevron etc) to get started. Like others have said it's a sign of the times but it CAN be done. At first it may cost you a little extra but eventually the credit offers will start rolling in & then you'll be asking "How do I get them to stop sending this stuff?"! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I agree, department stores are the easiest way to get credit, but I think I would start with your cell phone, have it put in your name with your Grandma as cosigner, and make sure you pay the bill in full each month. After a few months, you will have your own credit history, and your bank might even give you a card. I think it's a real mistake to use credit to buy things you don't really need immediately, I use a credit card for almost everything, it's easier than carrying cash, but I pay at the end of the month. You actually have better credit if you use a card a lot, but pay it off immediately, than if you seldom use it.
That's how I started. I got a Victorias Secret card, and as long as I paid a cash deposit, I had my cell phone under my name until a few years ago. I was a college student living off financial aid and managed to start my credit. Technically, I had no income since financial doesn't really count.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!