View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Question Establishing Credit

OK, soooo.... any help on this???

This is probably bad but I am 21 and do not have credit.

Problem is, how do I even start?! I applied thru my bank once and was denied. I tried to apply to CareCredit yesterday to help me with Jackson's upcoming dental medical bills but was denied due to lack of credit history. When I tried to get on my own cell phone plan, the same thing happened, so I am under my grandma's, but pay her monthly. How am I supposed to ever start credit, w/o credit history?

I have a new car but my dad had to get it for me. Again, there was something about me having no credit history, etc, and for some reason when trying to put my name on the car (under my dads name), I forget why exactly but the dealership couldn't do it. I pay my insurance but again, it's under my dads name with me just listed as a driver.

It's just kind of frustrating. I make payments and pay bills but am not getting any 'credit' for it. Both my parents aren't the smartest when it comes to financial stuff, so they don't help me too much in that regard. Oh and I get paid in cash basically under the table... usually it's less than $500/month - but sometimes it's a lot more, it depends. I am a pet sitter weekly but also do babysitting, other side jobs such as websites, working at moms salon, dad owns an alarm company I do stuff for, etc. I kept a good amount in my account from my birthday and such where I have a nice cushion to sit on in my bank now.

What is a good starting point? What about a CapitalOne credit card... I have heard those are easy enough to apply for?

Last edited by Britster; 11-04-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!