View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

OK well, vet referred me to a doggy dentist, lol. She said the only thing she could do would be to remove the bottom canine tooth and she does not want to do that nor recommends it because that canine tooth makes the jaw stronger, or something like that, because the root is so long, etc. But she did notice that it's making a bit of an indent in his upper palate and that's why it's been bothering him. She told me all of his other teeth look fantastic and the only reason she'd recommend getting a dental cleaning while getting the other stuff was because of his four canine teeth. Basically, she said they would probably shave down the tooth and then put a cap on it so that it's not so sharp.

She also did a full exam and his patellas are still good, she checked all four legs really thoroughly. Eyes and ears are perfect. Stool was okay. She will call me with bloodwork results tomorrow.

We talked quite a bit about his "pancreatitis" issue back in late July and from everything I told her and the info she saw on his records I brought in, she did not believe he had pancreatitis at all. She told me she does not pay a whole lot of attention to lipase levels as they can go up and down with multiple issues and if his cPL test came back in totally normal range that in her professional opinion she does not believe he ever had it, thinks it was just GI upset.

I am really glad I decided to stick with this vet. This is who we went to previously for the past year and a half or so, but when he got sick on a Sunday in the summer, I ended up at the only place open, so that was where we dealt with his stomach issues, but I am going to stick with this one here on out. Really really like the vet, she's sooo easy to talk to, so nice to Jackson, answers questions happily, doesn't push any food or any unnecessary vaccines and meds. Wish I would have transferred him over to this place after he was on IV's all night at the other place on a Sunday... oh well, live and learn.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!