View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
Bimmer
Yorkie Yakker

Default Low Sugar And How To Deal With It

My little boy Bimmer had a hypoglycemic episode about four days ago and we gave him Nutrical immediately and he's been fine. My wife called just now to tell me he's more lethargic than normal, so she gave him a little bit more just now. I've called the vet and we will have him in on Friday for his second round of shots and a checkup.

My question is this. Bimmer has been eating normally since his last episode, so why did his sugar get low again? I'm guessing it was because I bathed him last night and shaved his butt which probably traumatized him more than I (and that's saying something!), but I can't be sure.

I've searched your wonderful forum and found all kinds of suggestions from feeding him nutrical to corn syrup to pedialite to sugar water when he has these episodes. Which is the best practice?

Also, should this be a part of his regular diet so that his sugar doesn't get low? Like I said, he eats normally, but apparently he hasn't been getting enough sugar from his food (which is Science Hill canned food softened with water and a dab of cottage cheese).

For information purposes, he's 8/9 weeks old and might weigh a pound, if that (he's a "teacup" bred from normal sized parents). We've had him since Christmas and he's been perfectly normal up until these last few days with the "episodes".

Help a dad out!
Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!