Thread: Gravy???
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
hasrv4fun
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hle_625
Well about the whole gravy thing I have no idea but what I do know is my little Chloe was a very picky eater when we first brought her home and I was at the store everyday trying to find a food that she would eat but she wouldnt eat the dry food at all so I put her on Ceasers wet food and she just loves that. I have dry food down all day and I catch her every once in a while eating it too. So maybe try some kind of wet food and mix it with his dry food.
I realize this gets them to eat but unless they eat a substantial amount of the dry ( hard kibble ) you are setting them up to have bad teeth. Our darling Yorkies are terribly lazy eaters if given a choice and then have bad teeth as a result.

If you mix in the wet food or gravy, put only enough in there ( about a tablespoon per 1/2 cup ) to flavor it and not to be their main food. I know sometimes its necessary to get them to eat and I do it when I must but mostly I try to give very little wet food and I have minimal vet bills for teeth cleaning or removal. I have 7 dogs and will gladly show their mouth to anyone anytime and I do not brush their teeth. A good food and minimal treats should make them hungry enough that you do not have to resort to hiding what is GOOD for them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!