Thread: Gravy???
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
Smudgers_mum
YT Addict

Smile Gravy???

Hi all

Smudger has been home with us for 7 weeks now (wow that's gone fast) and he has been great with his food. At first he was on purina pro plan which was expensive £14.99 for a bag. Then whn we went to the vet he gave us a free bag of food, he ate both of these no problem and had a very healthy appetite.

Then we bought a new one purina ONE it's the same as the pro plan chicken and rice. He was fine on it for 2 days and then he wouldn't eat it. He gets 3 small meals breakfast, dinner and tea, but for the last 4 days his breakfast has stayed in is bowl all day. He would eat it eventually but it was a significant enough change for me to notice he wasn't eating as much. So I tried him on the one from the vet that he loved and it was the same story

So I left it for 3 days I thought if I give in and give him something else which I'm not happy with (coz I really want him to have dry food) he will never go back to eating dry. But after 3 days he still wasn't eating....

And so today I made some gravy from human gravy granules and put 3 spoonfuls in his food and mixed it up. He ate the wholelot in 2 minutes flat.

So my question is, Is it ok to give him this gravy?? I know it's not ideal. But he hasn't been the same this week coz he's not eating enough. Also has anyone elses dog had a sudden change of tastes and refused to eat their normal food??

WOW sorry it got kinda long

Suppose I could have just said "Is it ok to give your dog our gravy???" lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!