View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyFurkidz View Post
As you probably know, I am new to your forum & I have been reading all the health issues that so many seem to have & I am wondering is this typical for Yorkies? I am familiar with some of the diseases they possibly could get but now I am beginning to get really scared after seeing so many posting with so many health issues. It is truly frightening. I realize anything can happen to anyone, any pupsters, but are health issues that prevalent in this breed? Is this possibly a breeding issue or just some unfortunate cases (well, it is unfortunate no matter what, but I hope you know what I mean)?

My heart goes out to all of you with suffering furbabies & you, the parent, that is taking such good care of them. It is heartbreaking I am sure.
All Vets. have a book that lists all dog breeds and their problems. My Vet. loaned me that book once and each one of these dogs have some type of problem unique to them. Key is "knowing" the problems unique to what breed you choose and doing what you can to keep them as healthy as possible. The right diet, exercise they should or shouldn't do, activities and so on. You can also find this information on the web.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!