Thread: Poop Eater
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
seschna
Senior Yorkie Talker

[QUOTE=ReesiesDad;3707627]I've seen both of mine, the Border Collie and Reesie the Yorkie, eat cat poop. The vet told me they seem to know when they might be missing something in their diet and a lot of dogs will eat cat poop. At one point, Reesie was so full of cat litter from eating that stuff that she had to spend a couple days in the vet hospital. As far as dogs eating another dog's poop, the same reasons seemed to apply. Vitamin deficiency, or the 'meal' contributor has a medical problem and isn't completely digesting his food.

Sometimes they just like the taste!! [/QUOTE

Thank you! Ive read about that. i am slowly switching them both to Innova which is a 5-6 star rated dog food. It has more ingredients in it, so im helping it makes him feel fuller. HE has strictures in his esophagus, which is a narrowing that makes it impossible for hard food to go down. HE is on wet food bc of that, and strictures sometimes cause dogs to feel not full bc it takes so long for the food to reach the stomach...BUT hes had the strictures since we got him and he didnt eat poop before, so im hoping the food change will help.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!